Lunchtime banter ...
[Warming ... this post contains unsavoury discussions about toilets so you should finish eating / drinking before proceeding further. It also contains 1 swear word which probably makes this a PG rated post ... soooo, ok here we go ...]
During lunch a few of my colleagues gathered in the kitchen to quench their midday hunger pangs and one of them mentioned that I am going to Japan for a holiday. Another colleague then said that while he was in Japan, he saw this nice establishment that was the most brightly lit building in the area. Feeling a little thirsty and thinking that it was a bar, he entered the building only to find out that it was in fact a funeral parlour. The coffins were a BIG hint that it wasn't a bar.
I then mentioned that there is this restaurant / bar in Singapore [at Clarke Quay?] which was decorated like an operating theater. The lights above you are the same as those used in operating theatres and your food are served in stainless steel plates / bowls. I think I heard that your knives are actually scalpels, I haven't eaten there before so I can't be sure of the utensils. Then another colleague mentions that the chairs in a cafe somewhere in Europe is actually a toilet. He suggested that our office should do the same because as you're performing your bodily functions, more blood is circulated in the brain. That is why you often get good ideas while sitting on the toilet. I have to agree 'cos I've produced some fantastic gems [ideas ... not the other stuff that gets flushed away] while sitting on the toilet.
Well, I responded "Nahhh ... then people will start complaining that we write sh*tty code" [for those who are unaware, I work as a computer programmer in my company]. It is amazing what kind of conversations are had between caffeine induced, sun starved computer people ... during lunch too!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home