Wednesday, 26 October 2005

Royal Brunei Airlines ... blahghhh!!!

Mum lost a piece luggage on her return from M'sia. I was a food processor. I had waited for her at the arrival hall until everyone left so I thought "Either she didn't make the flight or she lost a bag." Sadly I was right.

So she did all the right things, lodge a missing baggage form etc and Royal Brunei Airlines told her that once it has been found, it will be sent to the house. Fine. 3 weeks later, no food processor. So she rang up and enquired as to what was going on. We were then given an address to write to which we promptly did. Another 3 weeks went by until today ... finally a reply.

  • They conceded that they could not locate the bag and has declared it lost. [Good!].
  • They said they'll compensate. [Very good!!]
  • Then they said according to airline policy, they can only offer US$20 per kilogram [apparently this was stated on the tickets] and since the lost item was 3kg == US$60 == AUD$80.30. [AAARRRRRGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!]

WHAT!!! You can't buy a food processor for AUD$80.30!!! The hand mixers are already AUD$50++ dollars!!! By the way, the food processor was probably worth about AUD$150-200!!!

[Kinda cunning this policy of compensation based on weight. They know that you won't be bringing heavy items in your bags since you'd be charged for the extra weight. Then that means lost baggage are usually small and don't weight so much ie lower compensation pay outs. When travelling, check your tickets!!! Well ... I don't think you can do anything about it anyway. You either take the flight or take a boat instead.]

Royal Brunei Airlines ... YOU'RE PATHETIC!!!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home