Wednesday, 21 December 2005

Shopping for shoes ... guys style ...


Our department had our Christmas lunch today, effectively making this a half day. So I decided to run a few errands of the shopping kind. Popped into Garden City at about 4:40pm and went looking for a dress shoe. The last dress shoe I bought was in 2003 for a wedding and now in 2005, I'm buying another for a wedding in January 2006 where I'm the best man. So ladies ... [1 guy = 1 pair of dress shoes], most girls would probably be [1 girl = 5+ pairs of shoes]. I generalise and stereotype but what the heck, if you have less number of shoes, do leave a comment :)

Anyway ... arrived at approximately 4:40pm and proceeded to Myer to check out their shoes since they're 30% off and had a look at their range ... not bad ... then went to Betts & Betts to check out their range ... not much there although their current offer is 'buy 1 shoe, get the next pair 1/2 price'. Stopped in David Jones and they have an even smaller range & not much of a sale to boot [how do they make $$$ I wonder]. Fine, having looked at the various shoes on offer, Myer had the shoes I was after, so back I went.

This time I took a longer look at the various shoes, initally found a pair which I liked and asked for a size 6 [yes ... I have small feet ... so there] but the very nice sales lady came back from the store room and said they didn't have any at that size. So I found another and again ... no size. I was about to leave when I spotted one that looked quite nice so I thought I'd ask for the last time ... thank goodness they have a pair in my size. Tried it on, took a short walk around and bought it ... total shopping time 1/2 hour [including checking the prices/range from 3 different shops]. Quick & with little hassle.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

huh??!u r wearing size 6!!! unbelievable man..I think u r the first guy I know that wear shoes that smaller than size 7...

21 December, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

=.=" (~sweatz~)

I used to be a size 7+ (Malaysian size??), then when I came over size 7 was too big & uncomfortable. When it comes to shoes, but the size that fits. Otherwise you're feet will start aching. Trust me.

22 December, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home